Thursday 8 January 2015

#Twisted Data

“Wild card entry”, I’m acquainted of thanks to the various soaps on my television set. Wild goose chase does it mean different, anyways few days before I had an agenda to short list all the NGOs existing in Delhi. My search engine was not given any choice, but to fulfill my demand. My query gave me a result of various pages, making the page one to be the latest & the best. This is what I always feel & believe.

Scrutinizing through my result, I settled for a search sequenced third or fourth on my first page. They had a list of addresses, which I noted down as per my requirement. Only to later realize the phone numbers don’t exist, one of the NGO has been closed down 10yrs back & some have been shifted to a different location.

All this chase made me realize, the search engine does not only finish of by giving the information asked for. But has to make sure the data given out is updated one too. To act on this data is necessary as finally we may end up with false data everywhere.


One of the challenge for the search engine faced on today’s date is updated data. Which can easily be tackled by synchronizing with phone/address directories all over the world with deleting the non-existent & giving out the latest crisp one in turn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment